GVE Projects Limited is a leading renewable energy solutions provision company on a mission to end
energy dearth in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation, and
maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial, and rural off-grid or underserved communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to meet the reliable electricity needs of our clients, resulting in related cost
reduction, improved efficiency, and environmental sustainability for which we have been recognized by
the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Do you want an amazing career and interested in joining our team of innovators today?
GVE is currently recruiting for the position below:
Position: General Accountant
Work Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Chief Financial
The General Accountant holds a vital role in the company. This position is expected to provide essential
financial services to the company’s operations in compliance with global best practices, policies, systems,
and procedures as laid down by GVE operational procedures.
S/he is expected to provide extensive administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, staff, and
stakeholders in execution of daily operations of the company. S/he will ensure compliance with external
requirements, such as local laws and regulations, partners, service providers and vendor contractual
obligations, manage and monitor company financials and accounting and will be responsible for
safeguarding GVE’s interest in transactions and interactions, providing effective first level stewardship of
GVE’s assets and resources.
The General Accountant is actively responsible for
• Keep all accounting records in correct order, up to date, and ensure that financial records are
maintained in compliance with all procedures of the company
• Manage the payables process and receipts and deposits of cash & bank transaction
• Execute remittances for PAYE tax, VAT, and other tax responsibilities.
• Ensure the smooth operation of bookkeeping and record transactions onto accounting softwares,
in conjunction with preparing bank and petty cash reconciliation.
• Advise management on any irregularities observed in record keeping and asset control
• Perform internal audits.
• Conduct a continuous review of all reconciliations, payments and helps in maintaining the proper
documentation for further compliance reviews.
• Helps in coordinating external and other regulatory compliance reviews.
• Maintain relationships with several internal business stakeholders to understand the business.
• Prepare reports based on audit results and present internal audit reports to the board.
• Promote the highest standards of ethics across the organization.
• Provide continuous review to all department staff and help them with control inputs in
performance and development in line with the organization’s goals, objectives, and policies.
• Perform all such other related duties as the Company may require from time to time
Account Payable and Receivable
• Responsible for sending out invoices to clients.
• Ensure timely follow up on invoices sent out to clients.
• Manage accounts receivable and cash application functions to ensure timely and accurate
recording, collection, reconciliation and reporting of accounts receivable.
• Work closely with Commercial, Sales, Operations, and inventory control team to ensure
discrepancies and payment delinquencies are resolved on a timely basis.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts related to accounts receivable.
• Updating of Cashflow forecast in ERP and providing weekly updates to management
• Partner with cross functional teams to share best practices and improve communication and
• Track account transactions and resolution of issues.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external business partners
• Oversee routine departmental activities of account payable
• Maintain accurate and complete financial employee and client records
• Prepare analysis of accounts and generate monthly reports.
• Monitor vendor payments and timely receipt of outstanding credit
• Build and maintain relationships with employees, clients, and vendors.
• Supervision of advance payment made to vendor
Tax and Audit
• Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
• Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions.
• Manage and maintain the company’s tax database.
• Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
• Ensure compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local
• Offer support and guidance during audits.
• Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
• Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
• Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
Who are we looking for?
▪ Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial management or related field. field
(Masters’ degree is a plus).
▪ 3 years of relevant experience in a financial / accounting related role proficiency and advanced
working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (ERP is a plus)
▪ ICAN, ACCA or related qualifications will be an added advantage
▪ Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
▪ A competitive executive remuneration, performance bonus and career development
▪ Full benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid vacation etc.
▪ Amazing work life balance.
▪ Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals who are driving global revolutionary change.