GVE implemented two independent systems of 52.6kWp each in the villages of Angwan Rina (8°40’59.63″N 9°28’25.50″E) & Demshin (8°41’18.18″N 9°26’48.24″E) both in the LGA of Shendam located in the northern part of the Plateau State.
The communities cumulatively have a total population of approximately 4,800 inhabitants (~536 Households), a big market servicing many villages in the vicinity, and comprehensive productive use potential.
The Global Irradiation in Plateau State varies between 1900 kWh/m2 and 2050 kWh/m2 in a year.
The solar potential for Angwan Rina & Demshin is considered to be approximately 1936 kWh/m2.
The villages remain accessible in the wet season which facilitates the operation and maintenance.
The customers have been split into 4 categories (households, commercial, community, and productive users).
However, it is not a strict separation as a commercial customer or productive user also intends to use electricity for its household.
The projects have a total of 4,800 indirect and 3,216 direct beneficiaries respectively
Other project impacts include:
- 52 Nos Street lighting points along the main streets of Angwan Rina & Demshin Communities
- Enhanced security at night
- Extended business operating hours
- Children gather around the street lighting points to study/ play at night.
- 40% reduction in Energy related expenditure.
- 68% reduction in malaria cases.