Available Position: Business Development Manager
GVE Projects Limited is a leading renewable energy solutions provision company on a mission to end energy dearth in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation, and maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial, and rural off-grid or under-served communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to meet the reliable electricity needs of our clients, resulting in related cost reduction, improved efficiency, and environmental sustainability for which we have been recognized by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Business Development Manager holds a very vital and strategic role in the company. The Position is expected to provide strategic business development, marketing, and sales support to the Company’s operations in compliance with global best practices.
S/he is expected to work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and executive management team in developing new opportunities aimed at increasing its footprint in the sector. S/he is expected to provide leadership to the Business Development, Marketing, and Sales functions of the business, managing marketing leads, Marketing Executives, agencies, and other third parties to develop and implement a marketing and business development strategy, engaging customers and maximizing commercial growth across departments and brands.
The Business Development Manager is actively responsible for:
- Supporting the development and implementation of GVE’s strategic plans in accordance with the company’s mission and vision statements.
- Working closely with Senior Management in the overall strategy formulation and ensuring departmental strategies are aligned with the company’s goals.
- Develop and execute strategic business development, marketing, customer acquisition, and sales plans to expand our market share, customer base, sales targets, and brand visibility/influence.
- Build, train, and motivate business development, marketing, and sales teams to consistently meet & exceed targets.
- Work with the marketing and design teams in creating engaging content that will serve in attraction and conversion of business prospects.
- Identification and gathering of relevant statistical information across the business, conducting analysis and report drafting of reports regarding the overall performance of activities undertaken by the business development team.
- Aggressively pursue, identify, and qualify new business in an efficient manner whilst managing ongoing Referrals and other Lead Sources.
- Developing Special Presentations & Proposals for Prospects, Clients, etc.
- Client Relationship Management and researching organizations to find new opportunities.
- Providing Support for Clients by learning about and satisfying their needs
- Developing a robust and visible e-channel marketing platform and coordinating Marketing Presentation & Brand Visibility
- Building Long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with External contacts and Internal departments to create a better customer experience.
- Tracking Deposits / Credit Growth and Reporting results fortnightly
- Undertaking and Regular review of Brand & Marketing Materials and ensuring their availability.
- Client complaints handling and prompt Resolution.
- Identify and recommend areas of opportunities to increase and generate revenue.
The Business Development Manager must have requisite knowledge and passion for the Renewable Energy Sector. S/he should have the ability and experience needed to motivate and drive teams and colleagues to achieve both the overall company targets and key performance objectives.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or any related field (Masters degree is a plus).
- Five years experience as a commercial / Marketing professional in a leadership role (Preferably in Energy, Telecommunication, Oil, and Gas Sectors but not mandatory).
- Measurable and Demonstrated success in building an effective business development and marketing strategy within an organization.
- Proven track record of developing and executing commercial strategies for an established brand.
- The candidate must demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen, professional presence, and a comprehensive understanding of marketing and sales strategies.
- Outstanding analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- In-depth understanding of marketing principles, changing market dynamics, brand, product, and service management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
What We Offer:
- A competitive executive remuneration, performance bonus, and career development opportunities.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects.
- Be part of a team passionate about marketing and brand building.
- Amazing work-life balance.
- Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals who are driving global revolutionary change.