Available Position: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Coordinator
GVE Projects Limited is a leading renewable energy solutions provision company on a mission to end energy dearth in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation, and maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial, and rural off-grid or under-served communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to meet the reliable electricity needs of our clients, resulting in related cost reduction, improved efficiency, and environmental sustainability for which we have been recognized by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest-growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The HSE Officer holds a vital role in the company. S/he will be responsible for total implementation of safety management plan, compliance with national and international workplace safety regulations in compliance with global best practices.
- Ensure all activities of the business follow HSE regulations, policies, and procedures through inspections, investigations, training, and development.
- Responsible for in-house safety procedures development and auditing.
- Get involved with training, procedure writing, documentation, and overall plan development.
- Coordinate the HSE programs and systems to ensure a safe work environment consistent with regulatory, environmental, and company best practices requirements.
- Review and enhance the safety and ESMP related policies, systems, procedures etc of the company.
- Maintain and enhance Company reputation with the clients and develop effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Company.
- Provide leadership, and trainings for all colleagues to meet established safety objectives.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluates hazardous conditions, unsafe work practices and environmental exposures.
- Monitor safety tools and equipment’s on site.
- Maintain working knowledge of new HSE Developments in RE industry and government regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the ESMS and other related procedures of the company including gender mainstreaming and safeguarding policies.
- Prepare and ensure that monthly compliance reports required for site, regulatory agencies or authorities are completed and submitted ahead of the “Due Dates.”
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual impact, safety and ESMS compliance reports.
- Provide statistical incidents information to all levels of the organization as necessary.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field (Masters’ degree is a plus).
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, written and verbal communication skills,
- Must be highly organized with extraordinary attention to detail
- Skilled in MS Ofﬁce tools
- Goal Oriented and Self Motivated.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight reporting schedule.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Hard-working and Flexibility to work in Shifts.
- Efficiency of managing multiple tasks.
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration, performance bonus and career development opportunities.
- Full benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid vacation etc.
- Amazing work life balance.
- Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals who are driving global revolutionary change.