Available Position: Mini-Grid Commercial Operations Manager
GVE Projects Limited is a leading renewable energy solutions provision company on a mission to end energy dearth in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation, and maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial, and rural off-grid or under-served communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to meet the reliable electricity needs of our clients, resulting in related cost reduction, improved efficiency, and environmental sustainability for which we have been recognized by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Do You Want An Amazing Career And Interested In Joining Our Team Of Innovators Today?
The renewable energy sector is growing rapidly, driven by factors such as the increasing demand for clean energy, the falling cost of renewable energy technologies, and the growing need for electricity in remote areas. If you are interested in a career in Mini-grid commercial management and have a strong foundation in business and finance sales, marketing, or operations, this position is yours!
The Mini-Grid Operation Manager will be in charge of managing the commercial operations of the company’s mini-grid sites with the purpose of ensuring the following:
- Collaboration with the technical operations team to ensure 100% uptime of all the mini-grid sites spread across the country.
- Manage commercial field operations, including personnel, maintenance activities, financial activities, and planning.
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improving operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant.
- Collaborate with the site operator to manage revenue collections and ensure no revenue leakages.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to ensure optimal capacity utilization in all the sites.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to stimulate productive and commercial energy utilization in all the sites.
- Design and implement innovative targeted campaigns for driving revenue optimization and assurance.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the individual sites by maintaining appropriate financial records, usage data, and site performance records.
The Mini-Grid Commercial Operations Manager is actively responsible for
- Ensure all site operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way. Track and maintain records for site operations, such as site performance, downtime events, parts usage, or substation events.
- Monitor and maintain records of daily facility operations.
- Estimate costs associated with operations, including repairs or preventive maintenance. Determines the cost of individual site operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data.
- Examine revenue collection data and use them to make site optimization recommendations to
- management in a bid to improve profitability.
- Establish goals, objectives, or priorities for field operations. Improve operational management
- systems, processes, and best practices. Maintain operations records, such as work orders, site
- inspection forms, or other documentation.
- Prepare field operational budgets, Purchase materials, plan inventory, and oversee warehouse. Efficiency to support site operations. Liaise directly with site OEMs to manage warranty repair or replacement services. Order parts, tools, or equipment needed to maintain, restore, or improve field operations.
- Help the organization’s processes remain efficient, legally compliant, and without loopholes.
- Formulate long-term strategic and operational objectives for the mini-grid business of the company.
- Review, negotiate, and improve new and existing site contracts.
- Manage mini-grid business expansion, development budgets, and forecasts
- Oversee and manage the mini-grid site maintenance schedules in collaboration with the technical operations teams.
- Perform site reliability checks, uptime controls and monitor site performance KPIs
- Develop relationships and communicate with customers, site operators/managers, developers, landowners, authorities, utility representatives, or residents.
- Manage Site stakeholder engagement and find ways to increase the quality of customer service across all locations
- Support the management team in the upcoming phases of mini-grid site development through making data-driven recommendations based on historical data of existing sites.
- Develop processes or procedures for site operations management, including transitioning from construction to commercial operations. Select, recruit, and train site operators, contractors, or subcontractors.
- Supervise employees, operators, or contractors to ensure quality of work or adherence to safety regulations or policies.
Who Are We Looking For?
- Minimum Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or a related field (master’s degree is a plus).
- 3 years of proven work experience in sales, marketing, finance, and operations or related field
- Proven record of accomplishment of site operations
- Experience in designing and delivering high-reliability revenue assurance metrics
- Interpersonal relationships, discretion, and confidentiality
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with the RE Minigrid business model
- Exceptional customer service and management skills with excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability and outstanding organizational skills
What We Offer:
- A competitive executive remuneration, performance bonus, and career development opportunities.
- Opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects.
- Be part of a team passionate about marketing and brand building.
- Amazing work-life balance.
- Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals who are driving global revolutionary change.