Available Position : Mini- Grid Commercial Operations Manager
GVE Projects Limited is a leading renewable energy solutions provision company on a mission to end energy dearth in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation, and maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial, and rural off-grid or under-served communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to meet the reliable electricity needs of our clients, resulting in related cost reduction, improved efficiency, and environmental sustainability for which we have been recognized by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest-growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Mini-Grid Operation Manager will be in charge of managing the commercial operations of the company’s mini-grid sites with the purpose of ensuring the following:
- Collaboration with technical operations team to ensure 100% uptime of all the mini-grid sites spread across the country
- Manage commercial field operations, including personnel, maintenance activities, financial activities, and planning.
- Ensuring all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way.
- Improving operational management systems, processes, and best practices
- Helping the organization’s processes remain legally compliant.
- Collaborate with the site operators to manage revenue collections and ensuring no revenue leakages.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to ensure optimal capacity utilization in all the sites.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to stimulate productive and commercial energy utilization in all the sites.
- Design and implement innovative targeted campaigns for driving revenue optimization and assurance.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the individual sites financial by maintaining appropriate financial records, usage data, and site performance records.
The Mini- Grid Commercial Operations Manager is actively responsible for
- Ensure all sites operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way. Track and maintain records for site operations, such as site performance, downtime events, parts usage, or substation events.
- Monitor and maintain records of daily facility operations.
- Estimate costs associated with operations, including repairs or preventive maintenance. Determines cost of individual sites operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data.
- Examine revenue collection data and use them to make site optimization recommendations to management in a bid to improve profitability.
- Establish goals, objectives, or priorities for field operations. Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices. Maintain operations records, such as work orders, site inspection forms, or other documentation.
- Prepare field operational budgets, Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency to support site operations. Liaise directly with site OEMs to manage warranty repair or replacement services. Order parts, tools, or equipment needed to maintain, restore, or improve field operations.
- Help the organization’s processes remain efficient, legally compliant and without loopholes.
- Formulate long-term strategic and operational objectives for the mini-grid business of the company.
- Review, negotiate, and improve new and existing site contracts.
- Manage mini-grids business expansion, development budgets and forecasts
- Oversee and manage the mini-grid sites maintenance schedules in collaboration with the technical operations teams.
- Perform site reliability checks, uptime controls and monitor site performance KPIs
- Develop relationships and communicate with customers, site operators/managers, developers,landowners, authorities, utility representatives, or residents. Manage Site stakeholder engagement and find ways to increase quality of customer service across all locations.
- Support the management team in the upcoming phases of mini-grid sites development through.making data driven recommendations based on historical data of existing sites.
- Develop processes or procedures for site operations management, including transitioning from construction to commercial operations. Select, recruit and train site operators, contractors, or subcontractors.
- Supervise employees, operators or contractors to ensure quality of work or adherence to safety regulations or policies.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field (Masters’ degree is a plus).
- 3 years’ proven work experience as a commercial Operations manager, Investment banking, portfolio management or related field
- Proven record of accomplishment in similar roles.
- Experience of designing and delivering high reliability revenue assurance metrics
- Interpersonal relationships, discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with the RE Minigrid business model
- Exceptional customer service and management skills with excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability and outstanding organizational skills
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration, performance bonus and career development opportunities.
- Full benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid vacation etc.
- Amazing work life balance.
- Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals who are driving global revolutionary change.